Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

This past Thanksgiving weekend, my brother and I provided the Thanksgiving dinner for a family in need.  Instead of merely giving money to a church and never being personal, we went and bought the food ourselves and then delivered it.  The family consisted of a single, pregnant, Latino mom with two little kids.  She is just trying to make it by--living in the projects.  It got me to thinking, “What could she possibly have to be thankful for?”  But she was happy.  She didn’t know how to respond, yet she was obviously thankful.  For the breath of life, maybe?  Perhaps for her kids and her few belongings?  It is an exemplary action, waking the rest of us up to realize that life isn’t so bad after all.  With this being said, I give thanks to all those who allow me the chance to reflect on my life and reveal some comforting truths about it.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Alex Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment